Sunday, October 06, 2013

#Veggietober


This week was awesome! I started #veggietober ! I am proud to say that I like green beans! Wow! That feels so weird to say. I've been saying "I don't like veggies" forever that I began to believe it. I can honestly only say I don't like 2 vegetables and those are onions and spinach. Spinach has always made me gag. Onions... Well those are kinda weird. I can't say I hate them because I do love the flavor of them as long as they are blended in with somthing. Now actually taking a bite of an onion cooked or not makes me gag. Anyways back to green beans!  I have ate them twice this week. The first time I ate them with Mac n cheese and the second time with hamburger helper. Yes I know noodles aren't good for you but I'm taking baby steps! So my first thought when I took a bite of them was "what is this foreign food? It doesn't taste terrible like I thought". I have had it in my head that I don't like veggies and was surprised when they didn't make me gag. 
I had kind of an eye opener yesterday. I was eating leftover hamburger helper for lunch (no green beans this time) and I thought hmmm this tasted better last night. It wasn't until later, when I was telling my mom that for some reason the hamburger helper tasted so much better last night, when I was like ohhhhhhhh! Omgeeee it was the green beans that made it taste better! WOW was I shocked to say that out loud! Shout out to my cousin Stacy for giving me the can of green beans, sorry there are no left overs for ya! :) 

Another thing I have been in love with is the Naked Juice smoothies!!! Wow they are super delishhh. I have had the orange carrot and the green machine and I hope to taste many many more. You may not like the consistency of these smoothies because they are kind of thick. They are also a bit pricey, $3 to $4 for a 15.2 oz drink. But you can get a coupon on dogooddrinkgood.com .
All in all I have had a great start to #veggietober! Later today I will even try to eat a SALAD!!! Dun dun duuuuuuhhhhnn! I hope everyone else has had a great week as well! XOXO

No comments: