Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Love/Hate

I am such a hopeless romantic! I cry at romance movies, books, and even songs! Sometimes I will see a Kay's jewelry commercial and I'm just so happy for the couple I tear up! (I'm such a dork! I mean duh they are actors!) I used to wish and hope that I would get engaged on Valentine's day and then get married a year later. But now when it comes to Valentines day I have a love/hate relationship with it.

I love pink, I love hearts, and I love love... just one problem with Valentine's day, It reminds me that I'm single.  And this year everyone, even my 16 year old brother, has a significant other to celebrate the day with! Don't get me wrong I'm happy for them, I even like hearing what they got for Valentine's day. Hell I love buying gifts for my friends and family too, I mean I have no one else to buy for so why not. It just kinda hits a nerve sometimes.

On a typical Valentine's day I wake up and I'm all smiles the whole day spreading the love. I exchange gifts my family and friends. But for some reason when the day is over and I'm laying in bed fixing to go to sleep it hits me... and thats the moment I hate Valentine's day.

Don't get me wrong I love being single. I watch what I want, go where I want when I want, and don't have to worry about my heart being broken. I don't have to deal with the arguments or stress that come with relationships. Valentine's day reminds me that I am miss out on the cuddling, hand holding, and random love notes. So you can see what I mean when I say I have a love/hate relationship with it.

This Valentine's day I'll spend my day doing several things. Reading, getting lost in a story that takes me to some far away land. I'll listen to love songs and sing them as loud as I can. I'll probably eat popcorn and lots of chocolate while I watch some epic romance movie. Hopefully I'll fall asleep and dream up a love story of my own before I figure out how much I hate Valentine's day this year.

No comments: